Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Too Tired to Blog...


I'm too tired to blog.

There's a 21st century phrase for ya. Will it still be used fifty years from now, or will it be an anachronism of the times? The way "I lost it down the sewer", "I roofed it" or "playing saloogie" feels right now. Actually, those aren't anachronisms at all. They're phrases we might have used on a nearly daily basis as kids, but once we reach a certain age, they're never uttered again.

And how do you spell that word? Sallugie? Silloogie? Saloojie? I just spent five minutes futzing around on Google, and I still don't know. Guess I won't have any future screenplay characters reminiscing about things like that or ring-a-leevio, monkey in the middle, doggie doggie diamond [step right out]. Fine. Looking back is usually a sucker's game anyways. What was it Tony Soprano once said?  "Remember when" is the lowest form of conversation.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

But we need to remember, to flip back the corners of our memory books. Once we forget, it means we never learn. Sure, I may half-joke about how I personally never learn and make the same mistakes time and time again. Doesn't mean I shouldn't strain the brain to recall things. As long as I'm not trying to relive them as well. Otherwise, it's Santayana goodbye. Cue dopey Billy Joel song.

Fuck it.  I'm too tired to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment